Cinnamon queens, Brahmas, Americaunas...which

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
would you get?

I can get 5 dh said now lol..and I found a store that has these that will let me get 5 instead of their min. 10..

but...cinnamon queens; arent they red sexlinks? I already have 5 of them...

I have no brahma or americaunas...

but they dont lay white eggs right??

hmmmm..

does anyone have CHICK pics of brahmas...I know the Americ. ones can vary bigtime..

Now if you are getting them from a feed store the 'Ameraucanas" will actually be EE's-but those are great birds too-personally I would get 3 EE's ( colored egg layers) and 2 brahmas...I lerv me some colored eggs:)

yes CQ's are Red sex linked -Love them too as they are always my best egg layers!

so what happens if I get my 5 and next wk the other store gets the white silky brahma????? wahhhhhhh

or wait..is that what a regular brahma is?? heck I dunno..
I dont seem to find pics fo the chicks..how am I gonna get the right ones lol

REAL Ameraucanas do not vary.
wink.png
Easter Eggers, what your feedstore has, do vary but are still recognized by having a beard and often coming in striped patterns.

Brahmas are usually gray and white or gray and brown, depending on the color, and have fuzzy legs. There are no "Silky" Brahmas, what you're thinking of are Silkies, a bantam sized white bird with furry feathers.
smile.png

Cinnamon Queens are indeed sex links.

I personally would choose the Easter Eggers (what they call Americaunas) - They lay green and sometimes blue eggs, and are sometimes quite pretty.

Brahmas from a hatchery or feedstore to me are a big disappointment. Naturally the Brahma breed is HUGE and magnificent, with a bold expression and broad head as well as a nice streamline back. . . Hatchery/Feedstore Brahmas are average laying hen size and look like your average hen, but with feathered legs. They're still very sweet though!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom