citrus tree leaves curling and browning?

RaptorChicken

Chirping
Jul 25, 2016
I know most people may not be an eggspert (puns) on citrus, but I think I need some help. my lemon and orange tree leaves are curled up and turning brown. most of them have spider webs on them, making them even uglier. I will post a pic of it later. I just started getting into gardening, so it may be because I just started to fertilize them.

The answer is not always this simple, but this little thing I learned has gotten me a long ways with some of my plants.

yellowing leaves = too much water
browning leaves = too little water

just realized I have leaf miners.
20171216_105354.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like 'leafminer' damage...

"Organic Control Methods for Citrus Leafminer

There are several options depending on how severe the outbreak is:

• If possible remove affected leaves by hand and place in rubbish bin
  • Hang eco-CLM traps to capture males and reduce population levels
  • Spray new growth with eco-oil ensuring good coverage (top and bottom of leaves). Spray every 5-14 days whenever new growth is present to deter the moth laying fresh eggs.
  • Alternatively on ornamental citrus spray new growth with eco-neem. eco-neem will penetrate slightly into the leaf and actually kill the juvenile leafminer providing broader protection. Again apply every 5 to 14 days while new growth is present and ensure good coverage.
NOTE: Female citrus leafminers only lay eggs on early flushes of new growth. Whenever new growth is present employ the above methods to prevent or minimise damage and keep your citrus happy and healthy."

Back
Top Bottom