City Chickens: Help Getting Around Lansing's Codes

AnnaK

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
Hi, I live downtown Lansing, and can't quite get used to the idea of 'no chickens'. I want chickens!! And I am determined to find a way to do it, so if you or someone you know lives in the city limits of Lansing, MI, please email me or post and let's talk Operation Evasive Fowl! I have a large yard, with lots of shade and sun, and a garden, and lots of experience, and have already researched as much as I can online. I can't find anything that says I can't keep anything as a pet, minus a cow or a horse or other large livestock, so I'm thinking yeah! Send me some comments!!!
big_smile.png

I believe that there are a few members here who have been able to change their city rules on keeping chickens. Might do a search for "city chickens ordiance" or permeations of that to see if you can't find their stories.

Either that get them and don't tell.

Just do it, and keep quiet about it. Keep them out of sight. I have an eight foot wall around my backyard. My neighbors are aware of my chickens, but since they are all here illegally, they are not going to say anything.

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom