City Oridnance and Waterfowl

Meg2007

Hatching
5 Years
May 19, 2014
I have a huge mess, and I will try to make a long story short. A skunk has been getting into my duck pen and eating their eggs, I wasn't too concerned until it attacked one of my babies yesterday. She is injured very badly, and I am MAD! I am just within the city limits and didn't want to shoot the skunk or hurt it, so I called animal control so that they could make sure that it isn't infected with rabies and they could release it elsewhere. When I called them they said that it is illegal to have waterfowl in the city limits. Before I got my ducks I did research to make sure it was ok, but apparently I didn't read the correct ordinances. The ordinance I read said that you could have domesticated animals in city limits, but not roosters. I am right on the city/ county line (but I am in city limits) but the officer that came to my house believes I'm in the county. Hopefully they won't know any different and it won't be investigated. The question is, if they do decide that I can't have my ducks- is there a process that I can argue that? I have 2 Pekins, that are more like a dog than a duck. For now my main concern is treating the injury and getting her better, but I need to come up with a game plan for the future if they realize I'm in the city. Any advice or help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Back
Top Bottom