City Pond Ducks/Geese

Baymule

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 1, 2010
Northeast Texas
We have been feeding the ducks at the city pond due to the drought in Texas this summer. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=523197 The water has dropped further and is now about 6 feet low. So today we went to the park with a sack of Deer corn, how funny, DEER corn for DUCKS, LOL I soptted the new additions immediately. There was a white Chinese goose and a brown? Chinese goose. Now there is another brown Chinese goose and 3 Toulouse geese. AARRGGHHHH!!!!!
he.gif
GOOSE DUMPERS!
rant.gif
There isn't enough natural food to sustain the ducks and geese already there. And someone just had to go dump 4 geese in an already shrinking pond. What morons. I'm sure they had good intentions and it sure beats just throwing the geese out on the road, but it is still iresponsible and it just irks me to death. I was wishing I had a cast net so I could catch them and take them home with me. That would have been iresponsible too because I am in no way set up for ducks or geese, but I still had to fight the urge to "goose-shop".
love.gif
How can you tell a male goose from a female goose?

It is irresponsible of those people, but at least they dumped them by a pond where they have a chance of surviving. I know nothing about geese. Maybe you could try posting it in the geese section of BYC instead of the duck section.

weve had the same thing at a local water park, lots and lots get dumped there....exept its a 40 acre lake
hmm.png
so theres plenty of room 4 them there, its still annoying but id rather them be dumped there than killed....atleast then i get to enjoy them and keep them well fed
smile.png

trouble is not many people go to feed them, only through the summer hols,people take the kids there but the ducks and geese dont really like that and they get all nervous and scared
sad.png
and the place is full of fishermen!!
so i go all through autumn and winter and take sacks of corn
thumbsup.gif
they love it!! and nobody else is ever there!! i even go on xmas day
big_smile.png

oh i do love those ducks and geese
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom