CL ad looking for only ONE duckling to raise, should I email?

It sounds liek you are new to ducks. Unless your already have ducks, I WOULD NOT get only one. Ducks get incredibly unhappy when they are by their selves. It can actually stress them out so bad they die. I would never ever get only one duck. I thought the same thing you did when i first wanted ducks. But i quickly learned two is mandatory unless oyu can spend every waking minute of every day with that duck. If you get two they are happy.

If you only want two, Metzer farms offers buying only two. I've bought from them twice, each time only ordering two ducklings. They are of great quality and they are sweeties.

here's their website:
http://www.metzerfarms.com/

No, I'm not the one new to ducks. The ad on CL was a mom and her daughter looking for a duckling to raise because their one egg did not hatch. I'm just wondering if you guys think I should email them and tell them that they should get at least two.

I'm getting 12 Call ducklings this Wednesday. I'm not looking for more. Lol.

I can't see how it would hurt and might possibly save a little ducky from being alone and sad. It is possible they already have a duck though, but again, it couldn't hurt to email them.

I just emailed them and nicely told them that they would be better off looking for two instead of one. I then recommended BYC for more information if they are interested. Lol.

you won't find anywhere you can buy only one. All the online places have minimums, the lowest being 2. Ideal lets you order only one, but you will get up to 20 male warmer chicks! most poeple don't go that route. Even if you try to buy one from tractor supply, they have a minimum of 6! It's kinda expensive, but metzer is the best way to get the least amo0unt of ducklings. It usually costs me about 60 bucks for the 2 of them (you have to pay a minimum amount and theres a fee for the special heat pack).

Quote:
I REALLY don't think you understand what she is asking. someone is trying to get a single duck from someone else off craigslist. Lots of people will sell just one. I bought a single chick from a man recently (then informed him it wasn't a good idea to sell just one)....but I had others of the same age.

i dont know...my duck has always been my one and only and i just threw him in with the chickens and hes doing fine!
lol.png
he even has a hen girlfriend he pairs off with every day
lol.png
roll.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom