CL x BR = sexlink?

SilverLacedFarmChik

Believe in magic 🧙‍♀️
May 19, 2020
NE South Dakota
I hatched a couple eggs from my BR hens with a CL cockerel. Would this produce a sexlink chick? One chick is black with a huge headspot, the other is blond. The rest of the chicks in this pic are CLs.
Thanks!
90597F5F-FDB0-4170-9E45-669719DC8E20.jpeg

Are your BRs from TSC/Hoover's?
That cross should not produce the blonde chick.
Yes, they are. I know that they’re barring is terrible and they won’t win any ribbons, but honestly, they are darn good layers. The blondie really threw me, I’m pretty positive that the eggs were from my BR. I do have Golden Comets…

Oh the egg is from the BR but all the BRs sold by TSC from Hoover's last year weren't pure BRs.
That's why their barring was strange and they're throwing odd chicks.
Oh, that’s interesting! I kinda want to keep those 2 now just see how they turn out, lol. As far as the sexlink possibility with the headspots, what do you think?

Depends what you consider sex linked.
They would be like pure barred rocks where you'd sex them by size of head spot and how defined or blurred the edge is.
Personally I pass on that being a sex link because at best it's maybe 80% accurate.
It can give you a hint though.

Depends what you consider sex linked.
They would be like pure barred rocks where you'd sex them by size of head spot and how defined or blurred the edge is.
Personally I pass on that being a sex link because at best it's maybe 80% accurate.
It can give you a hint though.
Ok, that makes a lot of sense :D I will be selling those 2 chicks as straight run anyway but just got curious because of the size and how distinct the spot is on the black one.
Thank you for your time and expertise @The Moonshiner , I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom