Clean footed mille fleur or something pair?

Snozzle

Songster
8 Years
Dec 16, 2011
Tri-Cities Tennessee
Ok so I couldn't stop myself and got more chickens today when I really just went to sell some rabbits and the guy offered me bantams, guess I'm hooked lol
He said these little guys were mille fleurs, but I'm not so sure. They have no trace of feathers on their feet and the roo doesn't have a comb at all, the hens comb is actually bigger then his. They are both young, but are fully feathered and are quite high strung, but then again I am used to silkies lol
So is this just a variation of mille fleur or if not then what do I have here other then tiny adorable beauties. Here are some pics, no worries that's not what I keep them in, they were still in their temporary cage while I was working to get their new home ready
smile.png

114003_bantam_roo.jpg

114003_bantams.jpg

114003_bantams2.jpg

Quote:
x2 - Except those are Dutch bantams. OEGB's have red earlobes.

my hatchery oegb has a little white on his ear lobes (that once dubbed though will be gone)...didnt know dutchs were supposed to be dubbed or do all game type roos get dubbed...millie fluer is their coloring and they both have to much white on them as well
hmm.png
sorry but they are very pretty
smile.png
but i agree they look more like dutch than oegb

Well that makes sense, thank you. I was wondering if it was just the color, but when I looked it up online it kept giving me always d'uccles pics, I thought it may be a color breed, but I am quite a chicken noob, I only know ducks and silkies and neither come in that color lol
So what about his comb though, there is no trace of comb on the little guy.

I have heard of people doing that, but it doesn't look like he has any scars so I didn't think that was it. Poor little guy, glad he is with us now, no mutilation going on here, just being held once in a while, getting treats and the hard job picking bugs out of my vegetable garden.

i dont think it leaves scars and on game chickens they have to be dubbed in order to show them as its the standared. heres some more info on why some dub their chickens

One reason Roosters are dubbed is because in cold climates they will get frost bit. Pictured are two examples of roosters that are frost bit because their combs were not removed. One of these birds is from Illinois, the other was from Oklahoma. It is much more humane to dub roosters instead of letting them get frost bit. When frost bit they will get gangrene and the comb and wattles will eventually fall off.

Another reason for roosters to be dubbed is for show. It is a breed standard for gamefowl and all must be dubbed if someone is going to show them.

http://www.purelypoultry.com/blog/the-dubbing-debate/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom