Clean out door ideas and pics if you have any

cullenf27

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Starting to put the walls up on my coop and I am not sure how to make a clean out door. The coop is 4'x6' and 6' high. Thanks for the help.

If you are looking to clean the coop floor, just install a man door for access because you'll want to get in and inspect the coop, check birds , woip things down, etc. Remember to put a litter dam across the opening to keep the litter back and not block the door operation.

For poop board cleaning, how about installing a drawer the width of the roost bar that rolls thru the wall or simply a groove to slide the trays in and out. This gives you easy removable access (real easy if they are lined or are cookie sheets that lift out)

To clean the nest boxes, design them with a outside door so you can line them with a wash tub or cake pan in them to lift out and clean.

Remember poop boards and nest will catch about 75% or more of the poo in a coop so having them easy to access and removable will make cleaning a snap

if it's only 4x6 you could make it so the entire wall just opens up

that's what i'm going to try and do with mine, but i want to come up with a way to make it somewhat airtight

Mine is 4x8, so I just built a 30"x36" door.
0327001019.jpg

0327001243.jpg

I also used a litter dam. Two block of wood that I ran through the table saw to create a channel, attached them to either side of teh interior door frame, then used a pice of peg board for the actual dam (it was what I had on hand).

Back
Top Bottom