Cleaning Messy coop?

Thanks allot I think I will use your advice. I am using DLM but with the straw. I am going to switch to pine shavings sounds easier and cleaner.

Any one try Sweet PDZ ? it's for horse stalls, chickens any dirty little critters. I even use it in my cat litter box, extends to time between stinkies.

Thanks again, great help!

wee.gif

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance but what is sweet PDZ? If it prolongs the life of cat litterboxes, I NEED SOME since I have seven indoor cats!!!

I cut and pasted this directly from their site: I use it and it works great, but you have to use it regularly, sometimes I forget.

I bought 40 lbs. it was $10.00 I don't really remember.

caf.gif

==========================================

Chickens

Chickens have a lot of benefits, but they are by no means the neatest of barnyard animals. In fact their coops, hen houses and pens can get really stinky. Sweet PDZ is the answer to your smelly, dropping filled coops. Sprinkle Sweet PDZ liberally where the birds make their mess. Reapply regularly on the most frequently used roosting areas, and you’ll be well on your way to a healthy, safe and pleasant smelling chicken house. Sweet PDZ also makes it much easier to remove the droppings when cleaning out the chicken’s house. As an added benefit Granular Sweet PDZ can be safely eaten by the birds and used by them to grind their food. Clean smelling chickens = healthy chickens.

Sweet PDZ is a fantastic litter additive...

Use Sweet PDZ in combination with cat box litter for complete aroma protection. Unlike most litters that contain a masking scent or perfume, Sweet PDZ captures and eliminates ammonia and odors by neutralizing them through its unique mineral chemistry. For great litter box odor control, simply sprinkle 1/3 cup to a full cup of Sweet PDZ over the top of the litter. If you use a traditional clay (non-clumping) litter, you may also choose to sprinkle a covering of Sweet PDZ on the bottom of the litter box as this is where a lot of urine accumulates and odors develop. Additionally, because Sweet PDZ is unscented, it will not detour the cats from using their litter box.

Sounds great -- thanks for the info. I think I'll try it for both my coop and my cat boxes! I like the fact that is can double as grit for the chickens too...

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom