Cleveland yogi turned backyard chicken enthusiast!

cleyogachick

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 25, 2013
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I purchased 5 heritage breeds about 5 weeks ago (they were about 5-7 days old) and are now totally in love with our growing chicken family! We purchased a Delaware (Dolly), a Speckled Sussex (Louisa), an Australorp (Mary Todd), a Buckeye (Eleanor) and a Plymouth Barred Rock (Jackie O.)... obviously we named them after first ladies. I was rooting for Star Wars characters but that didn't win. ;-) Anyhow -- we are very new to the chicken world and I'm sure I'll be on here with lots of questions so thank you in advance for your help! My first question is about Louisa. She's OBVIOUSLY not a Speckled Sussex. She has emerald green feet and kind of fluffy cheeks... dark brown feathers and gold around her neck... an Easter Egger??? Here are pics of our ladies... :) I posted the Louisa question two different places -- accidentally under the 'Egg laying' section and then purposely under 'What is my breed?'

{above: silly unspeckled louisa}

{above at 5 weeks}

{these individual photos with name/breed are from the chicks at 2 weeks old ish}

Greetings from Kansas, cleyogachick, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Yep, I think you have an EE on your hands - still a great breed - maybe you'll have green eggs! Love the names of the ladies as well! Best of luck to you!

truly -- she's my fave. :) i chose her with the most excitement. those stripes kill me. adorable. she's so sweet too! let's me hold her and pet her without fussing.

Back
Top Bottom