Clicking in breathing?

Feathers & Clucks

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2021
One of my 8 hens has developed a click in her breathing. It's sounds further back in her air sacks. I took her to the Vet, he prescribed (Tylan powder in her water for 5 days). Today is day 4 of medication, the click is still there.
She looks great, eating pooping & drinkng fine, breathing labored at times, her comb more purple (than pink) some times (not enough oxygen)?
Any thoughts for me? I feel like I've done everything, but am hoping someone has some great advice that they can share.
Please comment.

Purple combs are often linked to heart issues. Ex; not enough blood flow, or not enough vitamins in their diet. We had a hen with a click, but her comb and behavior was fine. She had impacted crop.

I agree that it seems more like a heart issue, but in case it is something respiratory I would recommend Vet Rx, it has saved so many of my girls when respiratory issues arise. You can buy it at your local feed store. Put ONE drop in her mouth, then rub some on her beak, comb, waddle and under wings. If its repository illness this will help. If it doesn't I would assume it is something worse.

I agree that it seems more like a heart issue, but in case it is something respiratory I would recommend Vet Rx, it has saved so many of my girls when respiratory issues arise. You can buy it at your local feed store. Put ONE drop in her mouth, then rub some on her beak, comb, waddle and under wings. If its repository illness this will help. If it doesn't I would assume it is something worse.
Vetrx is not a medicine, it's like Vicks for chickens, it won't cure anything but it will alleviate symptoms so the chickens bounce back quicker.

Vetrx is not a medicine, it's like Vicks for chickens, it won't cure anything but it will alleviate symptoms so the chickens bounce back quicker.
Yup I agree. I never said it was a medicine. As I said its only to help if its respiratory. Just speaking from my own experience, it helped my girls when there were respiratory issues. Anything is worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom