Clicking sound from hatching egg

Sablehaven

Songster
May 22, 2020
I had to rescue three almost ready eggs today because their mother, having already hatched two chicks, let the remaining eggs go cold. One of them was already pipped and has since hatched and been put under mama once she was on the nest again, one of the other two has pipped and is - along with the expected chatter - making an extremely regular clicking sound. Is this normal? I can hear it without even holding the egg to my ear sometimes. They are in a diy incubator with approximate humidity and exact temp. I've hatched four eggs before without ever noticing this sound.

She was out this morning! Well, her head was out and fluffy, the rest of her was still in the egg 😋 Woke up to her peeping at me. She's also got brown marks! Buff orpington and brahma parents, but all previous chicks have been yellow.

So, now just crossing fingers for the last egg, it hasn't pipped or made any noise yet, but I'm giving it time.

She was out this morning! Well, her head was out and fluffy, the rest of her was still in the egg 😋 Woke up to her peeping at me. She's also got brown marks! Buff orpington and brahma parents, but all previous chicks have been yellow.

So, now just crossing fingers for the last egg, it hasn't pipped or made any noise yet, but I'm giving it time.
That is good news!

Back
Top Bottom