Cloverr's flock of floofs

ā€ŠChrissy

ā€ŠFor anyone who was on tiktok at the time that the new stranger things season came out yes, she's named after the Crissy wake up audio.

I've told this story a hundred times already, but basically I was sent some refund silkie eggs and the breeder couldn't gather enough eggs in time. I was in a bit of a rush, so she said she would throw in an extra bantam cochin egg. To my surprise that egg hatched. The owner didn't tell me she had frizzle cochins though. Chrissy was full of surprises. I've wanted both a frizzle and a bantam cochin for some time and I'm so happy I have her and she is a pullet!

Chrissy and Smoky are besties. They always perch together and lay togeather. She will try to bite anything you put in front of her face and she likes head scratches sometimes. She's a bit weird, but I love her for that.

20220617_180147.jpg
20220909_133804.jpg

Her and Smoky being besties:
Perching together
20221203_153413.jpg

Chrissy waiting for Smoky to finish laying
20221126_105508.jpg

She's the best mystery chick I could've ever asked for ā¤

Last edited:
Smoky

Smoky is this beautiful cuckoo silkie pullet. She was raised by Luna. I can't wait to breed her this spring. Her crest is huge. I usually have horrible luck with silkies, so I had a hard time believing she was actually a pullet. When she hatched she was so small and delicate, her legs were so thin. Crest has always been pretty big. She also didn't have an obvious cuckoo head spot as a chick. It was pretty faint.

Untitled160_20220615103548.png
20220830_214333.jpg
20220723_171124.jpg
20220815_104709.jpg
20221214_150856.jpg
20221222_170118.jpg

Last edited:
ā€ŠBlue

Blue is my dark blue (I think) silkie. Also hatched and raised by Luna. I actually dont know if Blue is a pullet or cockerel. I used to be convinced she was a cockerel, but people on BYC said she was a pullet. Recently while away from home my mother said Blue had gotten into a fight with my rooster Cloud. She hasn't crowed, but hasn't showed any interest in the nest like her sisters either. She's a bit odd, bc she is tall, but no streamers and neck feathers are short. I assume she's a pullet, but the truth is I don't have a clue. As long as she doesn't crow or fight she can be whatever she want to be. 30 weeks old.

20220727_102306.jpg
20221117_132437.jpg
20221224_113913.jpg

I LUV his coloring!!!
I know, he's so pretty! I wasn't a fan of the leakage at first because I wanted a pure white silkie to breed paints. I've gotta say mow I'm in love with the way he has red streamers sticking out of his crest. Can't wait to see what color chicks he'll have with my black hens. I should have some chicks from them by the end of March.

Attachments

• 20220919_152059.jpg
    20220919_152059.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 4
I know, he's so pretty! I wasn't a fan of the leakage at first because I wanted a pure white silkie to breed paints. I've gotta say mow I'm in love with the way he has red streamers sticking out of his crest. Can't wait to see what color chicks he'll have with my black hens. I should have some chicks from them by the end of March.
Lookin forward to seeing those babies!

Hi, I've wanted to make a thread for my flock for a little while now. I finally decided to do it. I'll keep this thread updated as my flock grows and changes.

First off I think it's only fair to start with a couple chickens that I no longer have. The original ones that started my chicken obsession.
I first got chickens in spring of 2018. That little flock consisted of a dominant barred rooster, a brown barnyard mix hen and 3 sebrights.
I got a new phone a couple years back and unfortunately lost most of my photos of them, so all I have are bad quality screenshots and 1 photo of the rooster.

First day home:
View attachment 3352554
View attachment 3352555
View attachment 3352556View attachment 3352557

The barred rooster got rehomed due to our neighbors complaining about crowing.
The 3 sebrights were given to our family friends. One day the silver laced hen escaped their enclosure and a fox came into the yard (the owner saw this but couldn't run downstairs fast enough). She hid under something. The rooster was still inside the enclosure, but he flew over the fence in an attempt to save the hen and flew directly at the fox. The fox took the rooster and left. He really went down like a hero. After that incident the 2 sebright hens were rehomed for their own safety. Apparently they're still doing good.

Then I got some hatching eggs and hatched 17 chicks. 2 cockerels and 15 pullets. Some might have hatched from the barred rooster and brown hen. Some of them died (I think it might've been mareks or something similar). A few survived. Some I found homes for and 3 I gave to my grandparents. For a while they lived fine. This summer a barred rooster and a white hen died at grandparents' farm. Right now the only one left is a black hen named Shadow. She hatched and raised 15 chicks about 2 years ago.

Even though I gave them away, I still consider them once part of my flock since I raised them and visited them often. I think the barred rooster mightā€™ve been my original rooster's son.
View attachment 3352565
View attachment 3352566

Shadow with her 15 chicks:
View attachment 3352567

Oh, but that's not it. The next year (2019) I still had my original brown hen and I rescued some older hens that were no longer useful for egg production. Unfortunately I lost all of my pictures of them them.

Then the next year (2020) I lost all of my older hens over the winter. Because of that I bought 3 pullets and 1 black hen. I named the blue pullet Smokey, the brown pullet Lion and the black pullet Blackberry. The White pullet didn't have a name.

My only photo that includes Lion:
View attachment 3352570
View attachment 3352571

Over the winter (I should note that until 2022 I gave all my chickens to my grandparents over the winter. They often are visited by foxes and hawks.) I lost Lion. In the beginning of 2021 my flock consisted of Smokey, Blackberry, the white hen and a little chick. The chick I got because she hatched a week before my grandmother's turkey's eggs were supposed to hatch. To prevent the turkey from leaving her other chicken and turkey eggs they gave this one chick to me. At this time covid hit and we went under lockdown. I had school online, so I had a lot of time to spend with the chick. She lived in a box under my desk with a heater. During zoom classes she would chill on my desk while I took notes.

View attachment 3352577View attachment 3352578View attachment 3352579

I rehomed these girls later in 2021 because they were really mean to my new silkie chicks. The red and black hen also bit people's toes.

I will continue with my chickens starting from summer of 2021 till today in further replies.
They are lovely, and I really like barred rocks ā¤ļø

Just one thing, that leg band on that BR Roo looks like itā€™s digging in, you should remove it.

Back
Top Bottom