"Cluck cluck!!" Brand new chicken Mom!

FunnyFarmChick

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 31, 2010
Hello to all!
Just wanted to say this is a fantastic site - I have never owned a chicken before this, and now I realize what I had been missing!!

We just moved into our new house, and on the day of possession - lo and behold - the old owner left me a house warming gift of 3 hens and a roo!

I have no idea what they are, and am hoping to get some pics and ask for some ideas. My guess is a white leghorn hen (small, white with tiny beige specks on breast) 2 black hens with pale white/grey legs (Australorps?) and my guess for the roo is a blue-laced red Wyandotte.

Butttttt.....I figured since I already had 4, why not more? I am now the proud Momma of 6 more hens (4 Americaunas, 1 buff Cochin and 1 Polish mix??), as well as 2-2 week old guinea keets and 4-2 week old muscovy ducklings.

I will post some pics tomorro if I can get them to hold still long enough!!

Cheers everybody!!

Kimberly

"With all this rain, we might as well build an ark! We have enough animals!" - Husband
barnie.gif

Proud Mom of 1 beautiful daughter, 4 horses, 3 cats, 2 rabbits, 1 hyper husky and now, 16 feathered Entertainers extrordinaire!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
And now after reading up on a few things, I realize 2 or 3 of my poor hens are moulting.....Hee hee hee!!
One looks mortified and hides under the nest box shelf when she sees me.....
hide.gif

b.hromada :

Hi Kimberly!
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Lucky you, got a few chickens!!!
woot.gif

I am hoping to get a few more when I convert the other shed to a coop - I just haven't told the Husband!!
D.gif

Thanks for the Welcome! I hope you are having better weather than we are!​

Quote:
Thanks for the Welcome!
We seriously call the new place the Funny Farm because the Hubby swears the animals are gonna make him nuts!!
Hee hee hee!
lau.gif

Well, I managede to get a few of the Clucks to sit still for some photo ops - even poor liitle Miss Moulty....HEEHEE!!
lol.png

Crap -how do I upload pics?

Back
Top Bottom