Cluck cluck from Oregon! newb feather-fan!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cluckin'Crazy4them, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Cluckin'Crazy4them

Cluckin'Crazy4them Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Greetings all! So excited to be a member to this resourceful and entertaining forum!!! I only just became a member but have been turning to BYC to research and learn about as much as I can cram in prior to diving into the fantastic world of poultry. I grew up around animals with both parents employed with organization and mother as a vet and who currently has a large flock of 7 hens, 1 too, 11 chicks, 3 geese, 6 ducks, A turkey pair, and a crow & jay (rehabs), along with 3 dogs, 2 cats, and an African Grey. So it was only natural for me to be enthused by critters great and small. We help each other out with our flocks, mine consisting of an amazing husband, a toddling girl, a baby boy, a bl. lab/border collie, and RECENTLY (as in Friday), 2 hens, and a roo. I am just starting but plan to grow my flock (the furry, feathered ones, anyway hehe) and I am even taking some of my moms hen-raised chickies in a week or so (separated of course from my older girls). I am currently going to school with a major in zoology but am recently considering veterinary medicine. Idk. Anyhoo, I spent many months gathering info and picking a coop design, building, buying, bla bla bla. It has been so rewarding already as my hubby is so into it as well [​IMG] and we have only had 2 eggs so far!!!! Anyways, I am sure I will have many a Q's and perhaps, eventually with the years, some A's [​IMG]. Glad to be here y'all!!! So.... HOWDY! [​IMG]

2. chic-a-deee

chic-a-deee Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome welcome welcome...
    Awesome ur here. Hope u enjoy ur time
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Very happy to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

7. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome from the coast of California. It's so wonderful to hear your enthusiasm. Sounds like you have a growing family (and now the feathered kind). Good luck in your new endeavor and [​IMG]!

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. Cluckin'Crazy4them

Cluckin'Crazy4them Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Glad to be here and on the fence about how glad I am of this new addiction (and I mean ADDICTION) to BYC [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by