Clucking very loud but no egg?

OHMYCHICKIES

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
I saw my BR hen trying to find a place to nest (not in the coop with the real nest) so I tried to place her in there, no go. Then she would run back to my back porch and try to lay there. I decided to just let her because this will be her first egg, then I'll show her with her egg. Well, she cackled like something was strangling her as she layed there. Nothing came out. She did that several times today and still nothing. I'm so confused, isn't that the sign? I already have one BR laying for 2 weeks now and all the BRs are the same age.

I can imagine - my turken sqwacked for days before she layed her first egg - now she lays daily. Small egg - she is the smallest chicken I have ever seen. She is same size as our 6 week old chicks and she is laying!

I think you just have to play the waiting game with her,I learned that from my hens, it took them for ever to start laying and I am still waiting for the rest of them to start.
Good Luck

I swear our BR(Bess) cackles for a full five minutes during and after(total) laying her egg...And I can hear her all the way up to the house. She started today and was interrupted by the male BR(Raoul) going into the coop where she was, sudden quiet, and then out she ran without finishing(she likes her privacy I was told when I got her). So, a little later there she goes again...about an hour later I go back out and there was the pretty brown egg...Thanks to Bess.

Back
Top Bottom