Cluckingham Palace

beegirl950

Chirping
Oct 23, 2020
Pikeville, Tennessee
Hi Y'all, not new to chickens. I had them 25 years ago, but now I have them again. I am a retired mech engineer and I love the most successful bird on the planet. I keep them because they make me laugh. At the moment I have 12 adult egg layers. Breeds are RIR's Barred Rocks, and Black Stars (sexlinks). I have some 10 week old birds that are Silver and Gold Laced Wyandotte, Americana, Olive Egger and a Gold Laced Polish roo. I also have peeps from 4 to 2 weeks. Breeds include: White Crested Black Polish, Sapphire Gems, Welsumer, Midnight Majesty and Cuckoo Maran, Starlight Green, Black Australorp and the endangered breed Buckeye. I built my coop to handle 30 birds, but they free range most of the day. I live in east TN is a tiny town. Not having much success selling my eggs are the local farmers market but I am exploring other counties. Mostly the local food bank has been benefiting from my organic eggs, but that is OK. I have been blessed financially in my life so I am not trying to get rich selling eggs, however would like to make enough to buy the chicken feed. Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the BYC Family!!

I have a small flock of 16 hens/pullets and not all of them are laying so I can easily keep up with my five regular egg buyers. I don't sell my eggs to make money, it is just enough to pay for the feed, I sell mine for $2 but they aren't organic eggs.
My cousin has many chickens! She just put a sign at the end of her driveways saying eggs for sale and how much they were. After a week, she had to take the sign down because she couldn't keep up with the demand, but she still has those regulars coming by without a sign up now.

Back
Top Bottom