Clump of dead roundworms

Mjarissa

Chirping
Jan 6, 2021
Hi all!

Today I found a clump of dead roundworms held together by some pinkish slime (tissue).

What does this mean? I dewormed them all a few weeks ago. Could it be that these are the worms that are now being expelled or did the worm treatment not succeed?
I never found a live worm in their poop or eggs.

One of my hens is also feeling a bit under the weather. She is still functioning but just seems to have lost her spirit. So it could be hers?

I hope one of you knows what is going on. Thanks a lot!

The product you have there is Panacur 2.5% and the product I recommended above is Panacur 10%. You would multiply the dosage I recommended (0.25 ml per pound) by 4 to get the right dose. That would be equal to 1 ml per pound of weight. Can you get a weight or an estimate? A kitchen scale works or you could weight your chicken while holding her, and then subtract your weight. If anyone disagrees with my math, let me know since I am not a math whiz.

Last edited:
I translated that label to this:

Try target animal: chickens and laying hens chickens, roosters, ducks, turkeys, partridges, quails, ostriches.

Raw Materials: calcium carbonate and dextrose.

Additives: Flavorings (2b) - mixture of flavoring substances, botanically defined 150g, anti-caking agents (1i), perlite E599 20g.

Analytical Constituents: calcium 30%, sodium 0%, phosphorus 0%, ash total 80%.

Looks like it may contain an herb or maybe the anti-caking agent is Diotamaceous Earth. I don't think that stuff works and the worms are still growing and are overloaded which is why they came out in a clump with the poop. You will need to find something else to use.

I think that @Shadrach is in Portugal. He may have a suggestion for wormers available there. If you have astore where they sell feed for goats, pigs, or cattle, they may have a suggestion. Look for fenbendazole (Panacur or SafeGuard brands,) flubendazole, albendazole, or levamisole. Piperazine is vey common for swine/pigs, and will also work for chickens.

That's good to hear! I didn't take picture.. next time I find one (hopefully not) I'll make sure to take one.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom