Cocci nightmare from hell!

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
My babies got coccidiosis…. I treated the whole flock……then my new bantams that hatched got coccidiosis….not bad though….then My neighbor had to get rid of some chickens..I quarantined them for a month in a separate location….then they got coccidiosis 7 days after being introduced to the flock….treatment dose again w corid…..then all is looking well and noticed a red dropping…ugh! Then noticed it again…..and said ok that’s it!!! I started treatment with Sulfadimethoxine. This is exhausting. It’s been so much work and cleaning and burning of bedding….I love these birds! Should I do 3 or 5 days of Sulfadimethoxine? Just had to voice my self here…I think I have a sick bantam! Pic is of the oh crap not again moment from today, take action quick!

Attachments

• 6D75B726-E547-44E5-84D5-261074D1A3B9.jpeg
    6D75B726-E547-44E5-84D5-261074D1A3B9.jpeg
    689.6 KB · Views: 80
My babies got coccidiosis…. I treated the whole flock……then my new bantams that hatched got coccidiosis….not bad though….then My neighbor had to get rid of some chickens..I quarantined them for a month in a separate location….then they got coccidiosis 7 days after being introduced to the flock….treatment dose again w corid…..then all is looking well and noticed a red dropping…ugh! Then noticed it again…..and said ok that’s it!!! I started treatment with Sulfadimethoxine. This is exhausting. It’s been so much work and cleaning and burning of bedding….I love these birds! Should I do 3 or 5 days of Sulfadimethoxine? Just had to voice my self here…I think I have a sick bantam! Pic is of the oh crap not again moment from today, take action quick!
Five days for Sulfadimethoxine. Here's a link, scroll down to Sulfadimethoxine:
http://www.poultrypedia.com/medicine-chart

Consider ordering Endocox for future outbreaks. Here's a link:
https://birdpalproducts.com/products/endocox-powder

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom