Cocci prevention when moving chicks outside

roz

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 2, 2010
MA
I've been scouring this forum for helpful posts, but I can't find any that fit. I am hoping to move my 6 week and 3.5 week old chicks outside this weekend. It has taken longer than we expected to get our coop situated and we are still not done. I'm worried about cocci. They haven't had outside time (I know i screwed that up). I suspected cocci last week in the brooder and put them on corid 9.6% 1 tsp per gallon for 5 days. They seem to be doing well now. This is their first day off meds. If we can get the chicks outside in their coop/run tomorrow, should I put them on a preventative dose for cocci? It has been rainy and wet here in MA the last couple of weeks. It is nice today but is suppose to rain again in a couple of days. I am cleaning out the coop (we just moved out older flock from it to a new one) and we will be moving it to fresh ground.

Is that the only way? Can I give them corid instead? If not, where do I get cocci vaccine and how do I administer?

So I don't have access to medicated feed, but since it has amprolium in it, would a preventative dosage of liquid amprolium in their water work the same? Would I give it to them until they are 8 weeks old?

Back
Top Bottom