coccidia treatment not working?

my8hens

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2023
Hi all, I have two hens about 18wks that were very sick with confirmed coccidia. Head drooping, lethargy, pale, not eating much....treated the water with CORID for 7 days, one seemed better, the other not. Treated the water with Endocox for 2 days, and now have the sick one isolated....she's eating some, did a oral vitamin drench for 2 days, submitted another fecal (still positive), neg for clostridium, now treating the water again with CORID.....what else should I do???, I don't want to give up on her but will humanly euthanize if she doesn't get better

Did you give them probiotics in between treatments? If not, this is going to cause problems doing three treatments back to back. If you did not, I would stop the CORID and switch to probiotics. Probiotics can be like Hydro Hen in their water, sugar-free Greek Yogurt, fermented feed, and in a pinch when I had none of the above, I used ACV with the mother, 1 tablespoon per gallon. If you do the water, make that their only water for a day, then skip a day, and repeat. I would do this for two weeks before starting another Corid regimen, if necessary.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom