Coccidiosis in 9 week pullets - will they survive?

No, Coccidiosis does not cause sneezing.
How much ventilation do you have in their housing. Sneezing can be from number of things from poor ventilation, dusty food, getting food/dust in the nostrils to something more serious like respiratory illness.
I'd take not of when she sneezes the most - is it when she eats/drinks, during/after dust bathing or ?

When you get time, get some current photos of what she looks like along with what the poop is looking like now.

How much ventilation do you have in their housing. Sneezing can be from number of things from poor ventilation, dusty food, getting food/dust in the nostrils to something more serious like respiratory illness.
I'd take not of when she sneezes the most - is it when she eats/drinks, during/after dust bathing or ?

When you get time, get some current photos of what she looks like along with what the poop is looking like now.
What she will do is forage for a while with her flock, then she’s the first to sit/lay down like this. She wakes up for alarming sounds or if we pet her. I wish I could post video because I have a recording of what her breathing sounds like. It’s like if a human has a cold. She sneezes, I wiped a crusted booger from her nostril (I noticed it in the evening) but no drooling from the mouth, eyes. So far, I’ve applied vetrx to her body, comb, wattle, and water. She’s usually a very alert and active/smart girl with her other speckled sister. But as of yesterday, she’s more slow and less motivated to peck around AS MUCH. She still pecks around. Sometimes she has solid normal poops and one that I saw was almost like a water poo. It was clear with that string of white that is usually with other poos. Then after that watery one, a more solid brown one.

Attachments

• 9A6A5872-948D-428B-BBDB-5B76451903CD.jpeg
    9A6A5872-948D-428B-BBDB-5B76451903CD.jpeg
    527 KB · Views: 6
What she will do is forage for a while with her flock, then she’s the first to sit/lay down like this. She wakes up for alarming sounds or if we pet her. I wish I could post video because I have a recording of what her breathing sounds like. It’s like if a human has a cold. She sneezes, I wiped a crusted booger from her nostril (I noticed it in the evening) but no drooling from the mouth, eyes. So far, I’ve applied vetrx to her body, comb, wattle, and water. She’s usually a very alert and active/smart girl with her other speckled sister. But as of yesterday, she’s more slow and less motivated to peck around AS MUCH. She still pecks around. Sometimes she has solid normal poops and one that I saw was almost like a water poo. It was clear with that string of white that is usually with other poos. Then after that watery one, a more solid brown one.
0A32685A-E8A6-44FD-98D4-1D92DC429408.jpeg

Their coop was custom made and very well ventilated. The front end is all hardware cloth and the bottom of that part is hardware cloth as well. Their droppings fall to the ground when roosting. The back part is plywood (where the yellow door is and back)

Video of day 1 of noticeable sneezing and respiratory. Day 4 of Corid treatment for cocci for entire flock of 9. Only this one chick is currently showing respiratory issues for now.

Day 2 of vet rx for that single sneezing chicken (I appply it to the others too but more liberally on the sneezing one) day 5 of Corid water. The sneezing one is not lethargic and behaves as she did before with lots of energy, very talkative, foraging well. She never stopped eating or drinking she does that well still. Still sneezes and sounds raspy. No other chicks show that behavior yet. 3 days ago I cleaned their coop and bedding. I added DE (sprinkles) do you think that could have caused the sneezing/respiratory?

Could be changing the bedding/cleaning and sprinkling DE irritated her.
I'd take a close look at her nostrils to make sure they are clear.
See that her crop is emptying overnight too.

Could be changing the bedding/cleaning and sprinkling DE irritated her.
I'd take a close look at her nostrils to make sure they are clear.
See that her crop is emptying overnight too.
Thank you by the way for always responding. I appreciate everyone’s knowledge on here it’s helped me get the right things to help all of them. I think it may be an illness because today, I’ve noticed two others have some clear nasal discharge. And part of the sinus area is puffing up when a bird breathes in. See video please. And this is a different bird than the original I saw with symptoms. Would denegard rid the birds of these issues?

Thank you so much! I looked at Tylan but I don’t want to kill the birds by injecting them incorrectly. I’m ordering denagard for back up now!
Tylan50 can be given orally instead of by injection. There's also Tylosin (Tylan) soluble that can be ordered online, it goes in the drinking water.
Tiamulin is used to treat MG in poultry.

Back
Top Bottom