Coccidiosis or else?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Areeba, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Areeba

Areeba Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2011
    Hello,

Hope all of you are doing well along with your fluffy friends. I wanted to know coccidiosis symptoms and treatment over here as I suspect my femail pheasant is having that but I am not sure.

She is not eating by her own since last 3 days , we are feeding her . Most of the time she stands with a bit fluffy feathers..At the corner or at the roosting stand. She has lost a bit of weight as well. I checked her poo it was green and a bit thick. And last night she pooped with a pieces of sunflower and cracked corn in it.

We are feeding her boiled egg, some fruits and veggies chunks. She is not active at all. I have given her the following medications so far but no improvement .

Caricef/suprex 100 mg susp ...0.5 ml

Brufen 0.3 ml

Flagyl 0.5 ml

Nystatin drops.

And a multivitamin.

As my vet prescribed. I asked him is she has coccidiosis? Can you prescribe some medication for that but he did not say anything. Just said do it for 3 days and then we will decide what to do next. I don't think so he is an avian vet.

Now kindly tell me what else I can do? Is it coccidiosis or else?
    What are other common diseases that are having the above symptoms?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by