Coccidiosis?

Once you finish the 5-7 days of Corid, start her on B-Complex (1/4 tablet) and 400IU Vitamin E. Give her bits of egg to help with the uptake of E.

Hard to know what's happening with her. Sounds like it could be neurological as well.
Poor Girl!
Okay today is technically day 6 of corid since I started her on it Monday night. I will do it for one more day then do the B complex and Vitamin E. I keep thinking she isn't going to make it through the night but she keeps surprising me. Monday afternoon she was completely normal running over to me when I went in the coop and by the evening she couldn't stand. It's crazy to me that she changed that much in a couple hours. I really hope she will pull through.

Sorry to hear about your chick, she's beautiful! It's intestinal, coccidiosis. Keep treating! Nothing else is going on.

Curious if she recovered well? I'm dealing with a very ill chicken and suspecting coccidiosis as well. Looking for any positive stories so i stop worrying.

Curious if she recovered well? I'm dealing with a very ill chicken and suspecting coccidiosis as well. Looking for any positive stories so i stop worrying.
Not my post but positive response:
One of my little pullets was quite unwell with Coccidiosis at 3 weeks old, today she is 8 weeks and 3 days old and happily playing in the outside baby enclosure with her siblings 🥰
Every case is different but I will include a rundown of our situation in case it can be of any help. I used Cocciprol powder in their water for treatment and they have a medicated food.

Day 1 (March 2nd): Noticed Button standing alone (evening) and not playing with her 14 sibling or Mum.
Immediately isolated her in a brooder. Changed all waters and added Cocciprol powder to all.
Administered 0.5ml orally to Button at 9;45pm
Faint blood in 9:50pm stool
Not eating

Day 2 (March 3rd); Button worse than previous night.
Administered 0.5ml every half hour for the first 7 hours, increased to 1ml on 8th hour, administering 5 individual doses until I went to bed (Daily total was 9ml).
8:30pm- Button better than morning, tried to peck at her chick starter but didn't actively eat or drink anything.

Day 3 (March 4th): Button walking around a little, looking at and wanting to eat her pureed pumpkin. Still lethargic and ruffled though. Not seen drinking on her own yet.
Still a bit of blood in stool.
Administered 1ml every hour for 8 hours.

Day 4 (March 5th): Button definitely improving - Eating diced tomato, pureed pumpkin and some chick starter.
Finally starting to drink water on her own.
Only small amount of blood in poo.
Administered 1ml 3x in the day and allowed Button to drink herself.

Day 5 (March 6th): Button improved a lot! No blood in stools, eating and drinking almost normal now, finally has some fight back (not as keen to be held and handled and wanted to actually move around), actually flew from the top of her brooder over to the enclosure her family was in (roughly 1m away, however she was elevated on a front loader washing machine, for reference lol).
No need to administer any cocci-water now.

Day 6 (March 7th): Button - Continued improvement. No blood in stools. Eating and drinking regularly. Much better stance, no where near as puffed up at all.

Day 7 (March 8th): Button - Excellent improvement, eating and drinking regularly, actually running around, no blood in stools.

Day 8 ( March 9th): Button - Excellent improvement, no bloody stools, playing and running around, finally chirping a lot, eating and drinking regularly, much better stance.

Day 9 (March 10th): Button - Excellent improvement again, jumping, running, playing, much better physically and almost completely back to herself, regular healthy stools.

Day 10 (March 11th): Fantastic improvement with Button. Actually hungry and wanting her foods, eating and drinking back to normal, very active, regular healthy stools, happy and chirpy.

Days 11 and 12 were the same progression-wise and excellent.

Day 13 (March 14th): Button finally back in with everyone else and very, very happy 🥰

I stayed treating them with the Cocciprol for another 2 weeks after she was reintroduced to her little flock just to be extra safe as they were so young, and now you'd never know she was so sick.

You have to stay so vigilant and really be on top of it, but they can beat it if caught early enough and if they are receiving the right treatment.

Wishing you and your little one all the best ♡

Okay today is technically day 6 of corid since I started her on it Monday night. I will do it for one more day then do the B complex and Vitamin E. I keep thinking she isn't going to make it through the night but she keeps surprising me. Monday afternoon she was completely normal running over to me when I went in the coop and by the evening she couldn't stand. It's crazy to me that she changed that much in a couple hours. I really hope she will pull through.
How is your little one going? I'm so sorry you are going through it, Coccidiosis is awful 😞 Sending love to you and you little sick chick ♡

Back
Top Bottom