Coccidiostat in chick crumbs?

shell3

Songster
7 Years
May 14, 2012
Hertfordshire England
Hi, does anyone know if Dodson and horrell chick crumbs contain coccidiostat and if so what type? My dog has become very Ill and the vet wants to rule out poisoning from eating the chickens food. I didn't realise it posed any danger to her but they think it's possible, she didn't eat loads just what they kicked out of the cage when they were in doors but I can't find out online and their offices are closed! Thought someone here might know.
Thanks guys x

Check the bags. It should say whether or not it is medicated.

I hope your dog gets better soon. I hate it when my dogs get sick.
sad.png

Good luck.

Hi, does anyone know if Dodson and horrell chick crumbs contain coccidiostat and if so what type? My dog has become very Ill and the vet wants to rule out poisoning from eating the chickens food. I didn't realise it posed any danger to her but they think it's possible, she didn't eat loads just what they kicked out of the cage when they were in doors but I can't find out online and their offices are closed! Thought someone here might know.
Thanks guys x

dodsen and horrel does not contain ACS

farmgate crum in the other hand does contain ACS

ACS can be dangerous to other animals even chicks that are under 5 weeks and vacinated against Cocci and never give to Water fowl ever

Last edited:
Thanks so much guys that's put my mind at rest about that , she's jaundice and high atl so won't know what's wrong till bloods and liver cultures come back but glad to know its not because of the chick food! only about a zillion things left to rule out:(

Back
Top Bottom