Coccidosis help

JuNK GyPSY

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Sunny Florida
I 99.9% I have coccidosis I have lost one 6 week old chick and 2 other look pretty bad . I can't get Corid local I have to ordered it and it will be here on Wednesday,I found some meds called Duramyc-i10 will this help at all till I can get the Corid. Is there any thing else I can do to help them I have given them some yogurt but they don't seem to interested any help would be appreciated.

Duramycin 10 is geared toward respiratory diseases, I wouldnt use it for cocci. Give your chicks buttermilk, it'll coat the digestive tract better than yogurt and is easily absorbed. Yogurt tends to pass through chickens quicker. The buttermilk will slow the effects until you get the corid. You can mix it in their feed if you wish, hopefully they'll hang in there for you.

Duramycin 10 is geared toward respiratory diseases, I wouldnt use it for cocci. Give your chicks buttermilk, it'll coat the digestive tract better than yogurt and is easily absorbed. Yogurt tends to pass through chickens quicker. The buttermilk will slow the effects until you get the corid. You can mix it in their feed if you wish, hopefully they'll hang in there for you.
X2, skip the antibiotics.

Thanks I'll try that I was afraid that was going to be the case with the Duramycin 10 I hope they hang on till the Corid arrives. Thanks you for your quick response.

You could also try Sulmet if you think they aren't going to make it to Wednesday. It only works on two types of coccidia that chickens get, but they are the two most common, I think. It, like the Corid, would be in the cattle section of your feedstore.

Last edited:
Thanks Casportpony I will see if the local feed supply has that in the morning I did see them still drinking I hope that's a good sign,my poor girls I feel so bad for them they keep peeping at me and I feel helpless to do something for them the went down so fast :(

Back
Top Bottom