I don't have recent photos, here's at 8 wks:
DSCN0515.JPG

At 6 weeks:
Go PANTS! GO!
DSCN0387.JPG

DSCN0401.JPG

At 2 weeks:
dscn0283.jpg

Doesn't anyone else have reds? I never see any others?

Red is an interesting color. I saw a few at the ohio national, but you just don't see many of them. I'm not sure if the red is recognized. The ones I saw were in the trader pens.

Here are my entries...

NRacine...this is my red giant cochin

Pullet
Ruby
19 weeks old
Standard Red Giant Cochin

Ruby.jpg

She is my biter...she must taste everything that comes in the coop....hands, shoes, shirts, hair, my bottom lip LOL. Here she is contemplating tasting the camera

Ruby2.jpg

This is her at 4 weeks old

HPIM3318_editedSmall-1.jpg

My other entry is my spoiled Splash Giant Cochin, Luna.

Pullet
Luna
19 weeks old
Splash Giant Cochin

Luna.jpg

Luna annoyed with DD for picking her up. Luna puffs up at DD when she wants to be left alone. She only does it to DD. LOL

Lunafluffed.jpg

4 weeks old

HPIM3315Small.jpg

I love my cochins and will certainly have more in the future.

Penelope
9 weeks old
Female
Standard Giant

3079927463_3015eb4c06_b.jpg

Here she is at 3 weeks old:
2977273134_0d5cd2415a_b.jpg

Gertrude
9 weeks old
Female
Standard Giant

At 2 weeks old:
2959488129_d95a675018_b.jpg

At 7 weeks:
3040386363_28b627f6a7_b.jpg

And 9 weeks:
3080764784_e3e31db5d1_b.jpg

Sorry, I was just informed these are Brahmas, so I am removing them from the contest- I was told by their previous owners that they were cochin brahmas-can anyone tell me what the difference is? Thanks

Last edited:
Cadillac, whispering sweet nothings in my son's ear
5wk cockerel
Blue bantam
PB280001.jpg

Liza and Cadillac, exploring my bed
3wk pullet and cockerel
Blue bantam
PB160010.jpg

Not sure which blue baby this is, next to a BR
day-olds
bantam
PA230035.jpg

Liza, so pretty and fluffy and new
day-old
blue bantam
PA230016.jpg

14123_chicks_carrie.jpg

The chicks are from a friend and that what hatched out of 12 from her andsurvivored then Carrie is my niece who will be 3 in January. The Chicks are now 6 weeks old but the last pictures was 2 days afer my hosptial visit and momma brought'em in the tote. She is gonna bring in again but my oldest niece told her not til she is home to help! The chicks do not have names yet because I do not know what sev they are!
14123_droopy_drawers_cotten_little_red_372x248.jpg

Little Red is a banty Cochin she/he is over were she/he can't escape! and unsure of her/his age. momma said the other day Little red is getting a bigger comb.
Droopy Drawers is banty cochin we think never seen standard cochin, un sure of her age.
Cotton is a Cochin but when she arrived she had no feathers on her legs because looked like them had been plucked out! unsure of Cottens age

Edited to add updated pictures!!!
14123_the_chicks.jpg

OK Momma! Caught 4 of them for me to see and get new pictures (since I can't get in the coop right now) they were hatched on 10/22 so 7 weeks or so!
The Blur on the Box is Little Droopy Drawers ( momma called it that) The buff on the box is Honey a hatch mate but is a RIR we think ( looks more buff right now) The Buff in the box is Fuzzy face ( momma said) then the Black on in box is one of the twins because we have 2 that look alike, black with red necks! then I have one more momma said was soild black, but she could not caught him and the other twin!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom