Cochin Frizzle bantam male or female

Pics

birmann

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
Utah
Having second thoughts. Is this a male or female? Black cochin frizzle bantam 8 weeks old. The comb isn't very red. Feet are black washed.

I have (had, tow are now gone) 4 cochin roos. 1 is a white cochin frizzle roo. The other three were black, red, white but not frizzle. ALL of mine had bigger, brighter combs and wattles by 8 weeks. Mine started crowing at 7 weeks old also. Now that I've said that, I am not totally sure. But I think yours is a hen.

Wishing you the best.

I have (had, tow are now gone) 4 cochin roos.  1 is a white cochin frizzle roo.  The other three were black, red, white but not frizzle.  ALL of mine had bigger, brighter combs and wattles by 8 weeks.  Mine started crowing at 7 weeks old also.  Now that I've said that, I am not totally sure. But I think yours is a hen.  

Wishing you the best.  
I
I originally ordered a standard barred rock rooster from the hatchery but when i saw that it was frizzling at day three and had feathers on its feet i knew it wasnt what i ordered. It would be perfect if was a hen. Do black cochin frizzled have those small white speckles like this one? He had them on his tips of his wings and rear

9 weeks what does everyone think? Male or female? Acts more like a female.

Last edited:
She sure has kept us guessing! When do cockerels normally start going red?
Phoebe must be pretty good looking as well then! Such an amazing animal! Love them!

Back
Top Bottom