cochin vs brahma

The laying is not so important, I would rather have a quality bird. My standard blue is a nice bird, but is also laying well. I do know she came from minnesota, don't know the line because I got her from a family that planned on showing her but the 4-H leader moved. She was 3 months old when I bought her. I would love to find her a nice roo.

your lucky many exhibition lines aren't known for being good reliable layers!

I would look on the cochin and brahma threads and ask if anyone has good stock that are good producers as well. Then get eggs, chicks, or invest in started birds from them if possible.
smile.png

Does one make a better mother than the other? I know brahmas are bigger, so do they take more feed? I'm in the middle of emailing someone on Craigslist that can ship me some chicks, and they have both brahmas AND cochins, and I'm not sure which to get. Maybe both?

Does one make a better mother than the other? I know brahmas are bigger, so do they take more feed? I'm in the middle of emailing someone on Craigslist that can ship me some chicks, and they have both brahmas AND cochins, and I'm not sure which to get. Maybe both?
I think you should get both because I have heard so many great things about each breed and they are both beautiful birds!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom