Cochin??

dee4012

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
Connecticut
Hello Everyone,

One of my newer members of the flock has some interesting colors that I cannot figure out what she/he is. I was told when I got her/him in March that she/he was a lavender cochin. Now I'm not so sure. Anyone care to venture a guess??

I've also gone back and forth with he or she. At first I thought he because of the combs/wattles but tail feathers are throwing me off. They don't seem as long and skinny as the roo I just rehomed. Any input is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Yes it was born around mid March. I'm hoping for a "she" so I don't have to rehome another but I have that sinking feeling its not.

Well... The comb, waddles, tail, and blend of red in the saddle area.. I'm afraid you may need to rehome :( Those are classic cockerel markings; he's possibly a Partridge Cochin, pretty nonetheless...

Second glance, too light to be Partridge.. Lavender would fit the coloring.

Last edited:
can-stock-photo_csp3458167.jpg

Actually.... Here's a Partridge for comparison.. I think it's Partridge you have...

No problem :) lol they keep ya second guessing to the last minute before they crow ;) It's too bad, the roosters seem to get the beautiful coloring, but the pullets are just as lovely, in their own way. Cochins have great personalities too :)

Back
Top Bottom