Cochins that lay Easter eggs?

Do yuor cochins lay blue eggs or do you just want them too. If you want them to and would like to breed them do lay blue eggs, you should breed a female easter egger with a male cochin and hatch the eggs that the easter eger lays, hatch out the eggs and breed a roo from your hatchlings with another easter egger female then hatch out the eggs and keep repeating until you get the desired colored egg.
smile.png

Last edited:
I dont have it yet. I've got EEs and I've got Cochins. I would like to have just Cochins except for those wonderful eggs! So that kind of info is exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you
Has anyone else tried something like this?

you can't just make a breed of chicken lay colorful eggs, what you would need to do is cross a Cochin with a breed that lays colorful eggs, then out of that pick the ones that look most like Cochins and lay colorful eggs and keep breeding untill you get back to cochin type.

We have a Cochin x EE mix. She lays pink eggs (a light rosie pink) when she actually lays. She is an obligate mother and is either sitting or raising chicks. She's the best mom ever. She has the muff and feathers down her leg and on her outer toe.
65986_tangerine_chicks.jpg

This is when she was younger and we still had her brother but he ended up being very aggressive with our other hens so we got rid of him.
65986_dscn2426small2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom