Cochins Vs. Orps Bickering thread CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

Cochins or Orps

• Total voters
Sandhill must be a terrible hatchery.
I also got 3 different varieties of leghorns from them and didn't use any of them.
IMO and from my experience they're a joke. They claim to not be a hatchery but a breed preservation center.
Honestly id take my chances buying birds from a box in a Wal-Mart parking lot before dealing with them again.

Hey @JadeFarms @SBFChickenGirl is such a valuable member of our team. They deserve a promotion. They reminded me to collect solid evidence.
1607977151983.png

Heck.

I'm joining the Cochins then.

Silver-laced Orpingtons are better than baked goods... ;)

Sandhill must be a terrible hatchery.

It isn't that they are a terrible hatchery, it's that they are way, way too large for the owners to manage. I have a hard time keeping up with the six varieties of English Orpingtons I'm raising. I can't imagine offering over 170 varieties/breeds of poultry. The do no online ordering, and orders must be sent through the mail with a check or money order. Communication with the two owners is almost impossible as they don't have the time to return phone calls and I don't believe they answer emails. I think I heard that one or both of them had some health issues a year or two ago as well, which made everything even worse. What they are attempting to do is noble, but you've got to spend money to make money. They need to invest in some hired help, marketing and online communications, and a serious cull of their breeders to re-focus on what is manageable.

Back
Top Bottom