Cock or hen

Doghouse

Hatching
Mar 19, 2021
Hi I posted on here a month ago asking if I had a Male or female bantam but couldn't upload a photo, well thought the problem was solved when my rescue bantam started crowing every morning a through the day and trying to jump one of my hens which he has a special crush on,anyway everything was fine until yesterday when on a routine egg collection I found a bantam egg, to say I'm confused is an understatement, please help

unless you saw it lay the egg you will never know it came from the bantam, maybe one of the other chickens laid what is called a fart , fairy or dwarf egg. I believe it is an eg without a yolk produced by hens starting to lay for the first time.

unless you saw it lay the egg you will never know it came from the bantam, maybe one of the other chickens laid what is called a fart , fairy or dwarf egg. I believe it is an eg without a yolk produced by hens starting to lay for the first time.
Thanks for that, I'll crack it open and see, my hens are rescued battery hens and have always laid but I'll bear it in mind

Back
Top Bottom