Cockateils Thread- Albino-Pearl-Pastel-Silver and so MUCH MORE!!!!

all the tiel eggs are infetile this male is infetile if i seperate them what will happen they have bonded a bit but i need a new male for her something younger.

I have a question for you guys,i dont have any cockatiels yet but would love to get some more. Years ago i had 4 and i used to raise parakeets. But i want to build my own cage. I seen a bird avairy made out of rabbit wire.What are yalls thoughts on using this type of wire for cockatiels?

I have a question for you guys,i dont have any cockatiels yet but would love to get some more. Years ago i had 4 and i used to raise parakeets. But i want to build my own cage. I seen a bird avairy made out of rabbit wire.What are yalls thoughts on using this type of wire for cockatiels?

Are you talking about they wire they sell for chickens? Chicken wire is to big but they make a smaller version of it for birds called aviary netting. It is galvanized so you have to give it a good scrubbing with vinegar to get it off before you can use it for parrots. If you were talking about hardware cloth the 1/2" wire works great but since it is also galzanized it will need to be scrubbed with vinegar to remove it before you use it for your Cockatiels.

Nobody will help me on my thread so I'm posting on this one... I bought my first cockatiel today from a lady on Craigslist. He is a ten week old hand-fed baby. I brought him home and was letting him adjust to the aviary when I noticed his eyes looked differet, they look like he has severe bilateral conjunctivitis!!! The lady dissent even tell me anything!!! I just need somebody to reply!!!! By the way, I named him Django and he is the sweetest creature on the planet!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom