Cockatiel Sudden Death

-Kiwi-

eepy thing =w=
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2020
your walls ;3
Last Friday I came home and my beautiful cockatiel, Apollo, was dead on the floor of his cage. There's no sign of a struggle, my cat was in her room with the door closed. He was fine the day before, singing, getting into things, as spicy as ever, but now hes dead. Maybe he was a little quieter, and he was a lot less clingy but thats it. He ate his normal food, shared salad, nothing out of the ordinary. He did get into some scraps that were gonna go out to the chickens later that contained celery, baked potatoes and... spoiled coconut milk, but he only touched the potatoes. The fireplace wasn't on, nobody was cleaning, cooking, anything. I'm guessing he was poisoned, but what could have possibly happened? We were on a day and a half trip that week, but he did well the entire time and he was no worse for wear after. I know he didn't die for no reason. I just want to find out what happened to my wonderful Apollo, my best friend.

So sorry for your loss. :hugs

Was it morning when you found him dead? Maybe it was a night fright?
No, it was the evening coming home from work. He’s usually asleep still when I’m up in the morning and I don’t like to disturb him so I didn’t check so he could’ve been dead by then too :(

I'm sorry for your loss

Maybe he got lonely and died from depression. That does happen sometimes. Or maybe he got paralysed That can also sometimes happen in birds.

Back
Top Bottom