Cockerel crowing?

Yes that’s exactly the motion they make. Looks like a roo and don’t worry you still gotta chance. Some hens try to crow at a young age espically if there’s another rooster around.
Not everyone hopes for only pullets. I was quite happy to get a cockerel in the straight run bantams I got at the feed store. He keeps an eye out for hawks!

Did you buy them from someone or someplace? Does he seem aggressive to any other birds right now.

I got them from my neighbour because I’ve never hatched chicks and wanted a couple new additions to our flock, he seems alright
Sometimes puts the other 2 in their place but I guess that’s only natural? He’s never done anything aggressive just makes sure that everyone knows he’s in charge haha

I got them from my neighbour because I’ve never hatched chicks and wanted a couple new additions to our flock, he seems alright
Sometimes puts the other 2 in their place but I guess that’s only natural? He’s never done anything aggressive just makes sure that everyone knows he’s in charge haha
Ok that sounds normal. Ours did that too and then he started getting worse and worse. He terrorized two birds until we had to get rid of him. He was a bright red rooster. Hopefully that doesn’t happen to u

My little guy got a lil aggressive right around 9 months - during the spring. It must have been hormones because he's settled down again. Of course, mine's a Sebright, so all he could do was flog my ankle.
:gig

I don’t know.. I’ve heard people have had them start as early as 2 weeks trying to make noises. My started full blown crowing at 6-7 weeks.
Mine started crowing at about 4 weeks.... Hmm...
Well it sure sounds like he's trying to crow. Mine didn't crow till they were at least 20 weeks old. I've heard stories of them trying to crow at 12 weeks, but never at 4. Always something new to discover I guess!

I have 3 Roos and one of them has started crowing at around 2.5 months old. The others aren’t crowing yet but they make honking sounds for some reason.

Sam, my production red, honks constantly and makes weird noises and always has. Even around 4 weeks he had a very deep voice and made the cutest little grunt honks. He’s very vocal and has always been timid and observant and hates being picked up or pet

I don’t know if that helps you but my roos do honk. The one that did start actually crowing is very quiet now for some reason.. he rarely crows or makes any noises at all lol

Well it sure sounds like he's trying to crow. Mine didn't crow till they were at least 20 weeks old. I've heard stories of them trying to crow at 12 weeks, but never at 4. Always something new to discover I guess!
That's why I asked about breed. I'd heard somewhere that bantams crow early. Mi e sure did!

And mine is SUPER vocal - always chirping and tidbitting and carrying on conversations. And he crows through the day. He cracks me up!

Back
Top Bottom