Homie Ducks

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 30, 2014
Pakistan

Can eagle or cat kill him
He's one and half months old.
Should I keep searching him or not.

Many predators can get chickens. Can you elaborate more on what happened? Was your chickens in a coop or free ranging? What type of coop do they have? Have the other chickens went to roost yet? Did you hear any noises? Look around the area for feathers and blood.

Sometimes when my chickens are free ranging one will wander off somewhere. They almost always come back at night. Exception....I had a golden crested polish hen (CRAZY bird!) She disappeared for a week. Our neighbor happened to see her one morning during his daily walk. She was in another neighbor's tree! When we went there, as soon as she heard our voices, she flew down and started running to us.

Good luck in finding him.

No feathers found yet . I asked my neighbours but they said No, they didn't saw it anywhere .
There were ducks and chickens in same place but he disappeared .
If a Cat came it should kill all of them because they all are Two or one month old. I think some person might caught him.

hugs.gif
Sorry. Try to find for sure what it was so it doesn't happen again. If it was daytime, it could have been feral cat, dog,or hawk. Nighttime could have been coyote, fox, or owl. Also could have been mink or weasel. WARNING!!! When a predator finds a good meal, it will be back for more.

:hugs Sorry.  Try to find for sure what it was so it doesn't happen again.  If it was daytime, it could have been feral cat, dog,or hawk.  Nighttime could have been coyote, fox, or owl.  Also could have been mink or weasel.  WARNING!!!  When a predator finds a good meal, it will be back for more.

If it was a Cat should I kill it. I just found his tail feathers.

I see you are in Pakistan. What wild and domestic animals roam there? Even small predators that are hungry can attack and kill a young cockerel. A feral cat can do so, yes.

I see you are in Pakistan. What wild and domestic animals roam there? Even small predators that are hungry can attack and kill a young cockerel. A feral cat can do so, yes.

Eagles,crows,Cats and dogs are common.
I came to know that a cat visits at backyard wall sometime .

Last edited:
If it was a Cat should I kill it. I just found his tail feathers.

Read up on the laws in your country. If you are allowed to, and you find it, I would. Many laws (at least in the U.S.) see it as our fault. They say our chickens should not have been out. Or that the coops should be predator proof. Read up 1st
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom