Cockerel or pullet? Salmon faverolle. Bad coloring breeding.

Black chest feathers (not dark brown) is always indicative of male for SF. Also, the comb has a good amount of color for the age.

Some people really like their SF males bc they tend to be good natured and more docile as compared to the males of many other breeds - no guarantees, of course, but as a tendency.

Black chest feathers (not dark brown) is always indicative of male for SF. Also, the comb has a good amount of color for the age.

Some people really like their SF males bc they tend to be good natured and more docile as compared to the males of many other breeds - no guarantees, of course, but as a tendency.
That’s what I’ve heard to! I plan on keeping him so he’s in good hands. Still going to call him Coho. I’m trying to get a few SF pullets for him to start his own flock with. So far he’s super sweet. Whenever we pick him up he just lays down in our arms & falls asleep. Happy boy.

Definitely a cockerel. The pullets will be colored different. Way lighter on most of their body
We’re calling it Coho after the Coho salmon of the Pacific Northwest. If a cockerel then I’m fine with that. We wanted a rooster of this breed to start our own flock. I’ll just be careful that his gals are the correct coloring.

Attachments

• 6CE7C7DF-D07C-46ED-A9BF-302308C15C36.jpeg
    6CE7C7DF-D07C-46ED-A9BF-302308C15C36.jpeg
    668.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom