Cockerel or pullet?

ChickenMama79

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
Texas
I'm having a hard time posting. But I'll try again! Third time's the charm:)

We aren't allowed roosters in the city, so I'm hoping these are just girls with big combs. They are about 6 weeks old. They were given to us, so I can't even guess their breed. Feel free to chime in on that, too! Thanks!

They are definitely cockerels.

Thanks. That's what someone on another thread said, too. The feed store won't buy them back since we weren't the ones who bought them. They also told me to wait and watch, as some breeds pullets have bigger combs at an earlier age. I won't hold my breath though. It's disappointing because now it seems we will only be introducing 1 new girl to our flock, when we were expecting 3.

Thanks. That's what someone on another thread said, too. The feed store won't buy them back since we weren't the ones who bought them. They also told me to wait and watch, as some breeds pullets have bigger combs at an earlier age. I won't hold my breath though. It's disappointing because now it seems we will only be introducing 1 new girl to our flock, when we were expecting 3.
Can you have your friend, who gave them to you take them back?

Can you have your friend, who gave them to you take them back?

Nah. It was our neighbor who realized they didn't know how to keep chickens. Lol

We will just find someone who wants to buy them! I just think it's a shame that of all the chicks, they chose 2 roosters!!

They also told me to wait and watch, as some breeds pullets have bigger combs at an earlier age.
Leghorns pullets do have large combs, but they certainly do not have that much color at just 6 weeks of age. You can wait if you want, but I am sure you won't see an egg from either bird.

Back
Top Bottom