Cockerels or pullets?

Update:
I had also posted a pic in a fb group I'm in. Just a "boys or girls" post, no details. The seller reached out to me on their own before I had a chance to contact them. They were super concerned with making it right. When I got them originally, they had 3 month and 5 month pullets in one pen. My theory is that they were 3 month cockerels, but looked like the 5 month girls. They seller made it right immediately and gave me 2 laying hens that I got to choose. They just didn't want the boys back. I would use them again, they were really decent and really concerned about making it right. It makes me happy that not everyone is out to get you, because i have had that experience. Thanks for all the comments and help guys.
Very good! It doesn't often turn out that way, so I am glad you at least got two hens out of the deal. I agree with rebrascora, you definitely need to make arrangements for most if not all of the cockerels. We have a re-homing forum in here, and you might try at a local feed store or tractor supply store-- sometimes those places have bulletin boards where you can advertise. Last resort, Craigslist, but if you go that route, be careful and try to me somewhere public for the exchange, if it happens.

So pleased they made it right without the need for you to take further action. You still need to get rid of most if not all of those males if you want your pullets to be happy.
I was fortunate to find someone who wanted all three. They had the opposite problem as me, the boys they thought they had turned out to be girls. 1 rooster to 34 hens. Now they have a few more

Back
Top Bottom