Coco pop seramas Thread !!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catwalk- go back in the thread. I posted pics of the original Captain Cocoapop. He is a perfect example of the color and type. A truly magnificant bird.

Ken - everyone here is trying to help you and has been beyond patient with you. I think we all are now officially giving up. Good luck to you. If you want to breed your "true" cocoapop birds, go for it man. When you need a lawyer, I have some referrals for you, when someone is suing your ass because your "true" birds produced black, white, wheaton, or whatever. And, for the record, DO NOT EVER make insinuations that there was anything "fixed" about the judging at this show or that Amy judged her own birds or that I judged my own birds or I promise you will be forever banned from any show either of us judges and you may just find yourself sitting in a courtroom defending yourself against slander.

That is Captain Jack and he is a cocopop bird. I have several others in varying colors, some light, some dark. Here are a few other varieties of the cocopop line, not my birds but given permission to post...
68898_cocopop2.jpg

68898_cocopop1.jpg

Quote:
i don't think they can tell you which allele captain cocopop was... the owner said he could've been partridge or wheaton... it would be easier to produce wheaton based birds since it is dominant... but partridge will give you better double lacing... silver duckwing will not work to make a cocopop... but a salmon based wheaton will work amazingly...

so i'm now thinking that hens will be laced chocolate hooded, rose breasted, dun tailed in the end... so if you see a hen with chocolate head and neck feathers... a bit of lacing on the chest and body that will be dun colored, and a solid dun tail... that's a cocopop hen... the MH and GB gene won't be visible in the hen...

am i making any sense...?

you can't go by down feather nor kiddie feathers to know adult color. Cocoapops come in many colors/shades
dilute, intense, laced, double laced, no lace, gold, silver, palomino, chocolate, bronze. When a color shows up you like, linebreed to lock in the color.

This is a quote from Jerry S on one of his cocopop threads. From this, it doesn't seem as if cocopop is an actual definable color. Most of them I've seen is a chocolate silver duckwing, which is very pretty, but how would someone know if he had a cocopop or not if there is no standard for color? Is it just the choc gene plus a pattern that defines cocopop, or are there further restrictions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom