Cold treats on a HOT day......

Quote:
BTW...I have a brother in Kenosha
big_smile.png

Wow!! that is a great idea, I have some water melon in the fridge, i think the girls uhmmm or boys would love it.

Yes!!! thank you for the great idea!!! they do love water melon don't they!!. I saw someone else put ice cubes in the water, so I added a little berries and they gobbled (hehehe) that up as well.
95868_2011-06-17_19-39-51_739.jpg

Mine are enjoying some cool watermelon right this moment.
smile.png

They practically climb over each other to get at it. Besides strawberries, I think watermelon is their favorite!

Another day in the high 90s here...SO HOT and HUMID! My girls are waiting for some cold watermelon to be served. They are like linebackers on the football field ready to jump on me for it!

coyotesmommy - I love the idea of the iced water with berries...so refreshing.

Mine are picking at some watermelon rind right now. It's not that hot out, but we had watermelon at lunch and it'd be a shame to let the rinds go to waste when we have a chicken garbage disposal service!

Quote:
They will love it. Mine were scared of it at first until they took a bite and then they piled over each other to eat it!
droolin.gif

Hello chickenlicken8,
I have this Brahma for 3 months now.She looks very similar to the one in your photos.
She is about 6 months old and I am not exactly sure what breed she is, as she was bought on a wim by my daughter.
All my other hens are regular run of the mill laying hens.Thanks.

63353_cimg0882.jpg

P.S. I am from Ireland,we got our summer in April and it has rained since with cool temperatures.

Quote:
They will love it. Mine were scared of it at first until they took a bite and then they piled over each other to eat it!
droolin.gif

Hello chickenlicken8,
I have this Brahma for 3 months now.She looks very similar to the one in your photos.
She is about 6 months old and I am not exactly sure what breed she is, as she was bought on a wim by my daughter.
All my other hens are regular run of the mill laying hens.Thanks.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63353_cimg0882.jpg

P.S. I am from Ireland,we got our summer in April and it has rained since with cool temperatures.

Mine is an Easter Egger (Ameraucana). I have 3 of them. I'm not sure what breed mix your girl is...sorry! She is pretty!

Back
Top Bottom