cold weather and heat?

Here is a pic of the coop that I built this past summer. I will be drilling holes just above the coop door opening and probably some on the nest box side towards the top. Hopefully that will allow some cross flow through the coop.
thanks
Jeff
Good Idea.
Is there already a ventilation opening(s) on the coop wall that's under the run roof?
That would be a good place to put a bigger one as it's shielded from rain/snow and somewhat from wind.

What is your climate?
Adding your location to your profile can help folks give better answers/suggestions.

Good Idea.
Is there already a ventilation opening(s) on the coop wall that's under the run roof?
That would be a good place to put a bigger one as it's shielded from rain/snow and somewhat from wind.

What is your climate?
Adding your location to your profile can help folks give better answers/suggestions.

No I dont have and ventilation holes installed yet. I have a window in the coop door and another window above the nest boxes that isnt in the photo. I like your idea of installing ventilation in the run side of the coop. I think I will put a series of 2in holes along the top of that wall and along the top of the nest box wall. That would create a straight through path for the air. Most of the cold west winds are blocked by the garage but the new holes should really help out.
thanks
Jeff

Quote: You might want to put a larger opening under the run roof, one that can be wide open or partially open.....think ahead to summer.
Save the 2" holes for more exposed places...and even those might need to be adjusted during weather changes.

Back
Top Bottom