Collected Honey Bee Swarm of Shaky Deck in Columbia, MO

Great job collecting the swarms! People ask me to do it and I won't sorry. There's enough people who will.
A lady called me saying she was desperate to get established bees out of a structure. She said I found someone that said they'd do it for $100, so I thought I'd ask someone else. I told her I'd charge that by they hour to take out an established hive, so she better call that guy back. :rolleyes:

I have removed colonies from buildings and trees using both cut out and trap out methods. Latter I used latter only for older buildings were minimal cutting required to get to comb. It is generally not worth effort on the bee keepers side unless profit comes from simply removing bees regardless of outcome and building repair costs are covered. The carpentry part cost a lot more than the bees and honey are worth most of the time.

I have removed colonies from buildings and trees using both cut out and trap out methods. Latter I used latter only for older buildings were minimal cutting required to get to comb. It is generally not worth effort on the bee keepers side unless profit comes from simply removing bees regardless of outcome and building repair costs are covered. The carpentry part cost a lot more than the bees and honey are worth most of the time.
Do you have or have you used a bee vacuum?

Wow. I didn’t know you could smell a swarm of bees. Thanks for the post! I learned something!
You can smell a lot of things when it comes to bees. If I still messed with them like I do chickens and fish, I could almost describe them except my scent vocabulary over internet not very good. Wasps have smells too. Even fish have smells.

It makes sense. Like aquariums have a certain scent, and I’m learning my chickens do, but I just guess I never thought about insects having scents. I’m mildly allergic to bees so I tend to keep my distance (I think I am at least. I got stung by a wasp and I got three hives on that hand)

Back
Top Bottom