Collecting Eggs?

KDB91

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2017
How far ahead of the first day of incubation can you collect your own eggs? I've heard some people say 3 days, but I've also heard longer!

Now what about storing them? Room temperature in the house? On a shelf in the shop where the temps are getting into the 90s?

Now what about storing them? Room temperature in the house? On a shelf in the shop where the temps are getting into the 90s?
Never store in a hot room----70's, 60's but I would not put them in the fridge. I keep mine on the floor, in a 72 degree house---its cooler down on the floor.

If you do not know----I have hatched over 10,000 in the last 3 years so when I say A lot---I am talking about ALOT. LOL

That is amazing! My first batch was done Friday and something is up. Only 1/30 has hatched so far. Hopefully waiting another day will answer some questions!

That is amazing! My first batch was done Friday and something is up. Only 1/30 has hatched so far. Hopefully waiting another day will answer some questions!
When was your due hatch date? If mine are due to hatch on "Say" the 10th---they start pipping on the 9th---late on the 9th I will have a few that will be hatched with the rest early on the 10th. So for chicken eggs----some pipping on the 20th day plus a few hatch---the rest usually by mid day of the 21st day. Maybe a few a little later that day.

When was your due hatch date? If mine are due to hatch on "Say" the 10th---they start pipping on the 9th---late on the 9th I will have a few that will be hatched with the rest early on the 10th. So for chicken eggs----some pipping on the 20th day plus a few hatch---the rest usually by mid day of the 21st day. Maybe a few a little later that day.

Mine were due the 9th! With the one pipping the morning of the 10th and finally coming out of the shell this morning (the 11th)

Back
Top Bottom