Colloncas, Huastecs, & Quechuas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, $415 is steep. I was watching that eBay auction too. And I believe that the seller has listed a second sale.
But isn't it fantastic that there are saavy people out there who are wiling to spend that kind of money on some of these rare breeds? Hurray!!
wee.gif
I hear you. I generally get 30.00 a dozen for my Empordanesa and as far as I know we have 4 maybe 5 flocks here in the states. I should try ebay. Not that I care if I can get more.
Now that said we put a lot of effort and $$$ into these ultra rare breeds and it is nice to help catch up some on what we have into them.
Even at 415.00 selling eggs a few times probably does not even put a dent into what they have into them.

I hear you. I generally get 30.00 a dozen for my Empordanesa and as far as I know we have 4 maybe 5 flocks here in the states. I should try ebay. Not that I care if I can get more.
Now that said we put a lot of effort and $$$ into these ultra rare breeds and it is nice to help catch up some on what we have into them.
Even at 415.00 selling eggs a few times probably does not even put a dent into what they have into them.

Yeah but that kind of money makes my DH more tolerant of my hobby! He is finally warming to the fact that it is nice that we usually have eating eggs now. When I butcher this mean roo out and make chicken and dumpling I am hoping for another approval rating jump. Right now I just have the Olive Eggers. Good hatching egg prices makes a good talking point for another breed of chicken!
lau.gif

Yes, $415 is steep. I was watching that eBay auction too. And I believe that the seller has listed a second sale.
But isn't it fantastic that there are saavy people out there who are wiling to spend that kind of money on some of these rare breeds? Hurray!!
wee.gif
I'm happy for her. Also, when folks pay top dollar they tend to be serious with what they have. We could just give them away (And I just about do when you find the right person) but the stock may be worth-less than they really are to that person. These genetics are a cultural treasure!

I'm happy for her. Also, when folks pay top dollar they tend to be serious with what they have. We could just give them away (And I just about do when you find the right person) but the stock may be worth-less than they really are to that person. These genetics are a cultural treasure!

Precisely. We are willing to pay for what we treasure.

Even so, I'm always so impressed by the numbers of people on BYC for whom chickens are a labor of love and who are willing to spend years breeding to a standard, as well as sharing their knowledge freely and generously. I'm so glad I found BYC.

Besides the Quechua hatching eggs listed again on eBay for $75.00 for 8 (and there is already a bidder), there is also 8 South American Copetona hatching eggs listed. I'm not familiar with them. Has anyone heard of those? The eggs appear to be aqua.

Precisely. We are willing to pay for what we treasure. 

Even so, I'm always so impressed by the numbers of people on BYC for whom chickens are a labor of love and who are willing to spend years breeding to a standard, as well as sharing their knowledge freely and generously.  I'm so glad I found BYC.

Besides the Quechua hatching eggs listed again on eBay for $75.00 for 8 (and there is already a bidder), there is also  8 South American Copetona hatching eggs listed.  I'm not familiar with them.  Has anyone heard of those?  The eggs appear to be aqua.
I saw pictures of the eggs in AVIRAUT Facebook page . I believe they use those with dark layers in Spain to make olive eggers

Wonderful! Let us know how they hatch out! I had wanted some, but will have to live vicariously through you if you don't mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom