Color Question for Easter Eggers

ILoveJoe

Songster
11 Years
Jun 28, 2008
Northern Kentucky
I have 3 11 week old EE's. I understand that these are sort of looked upon as the mutts of the chicken world, but from all the pictures I have seen on the forum and from my own, I think they are often extremely beautiful.

Mine seem to have a really nice blueish feather around their bodies. What color would my three be considered:

Douche Bag:

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

Louise:

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

Thelma:

DSC_0017-2.jpg

From what I can tell, from mine and some reading, EE seem to be a real mixture of colors. My Goldie is like your last picture. She is always the first to go to bed in the evening and once she is in the coop, that is it for the evening.
My Delightful Dozen includes 3 EEs, one all white, goldie like yours and Curious Georgette, kinda a mixture of colors. Still waiting for eggs though....

Quote:
I understand they don't come in specific colors. Aren't Easter Eggers a compilation of many breeds that do have named varieties with specific colors?

Since I am a relative newbie to chickens my terminology may be confusing and my experience with colors is limited to the different chickens I have. BA, BO, LB, SLW, GLW, BR and the EE's.

If they were other breeds (we can pretend they are) what colors would they be? Partridge? Buff? Blue?

I think Thelma and Louise would be considered a blue wheaten. Douche Bag looks kind of like Black Breasted Red. Just my thoughts.

I saw this and the first thing I thought of was the old Saturday Night Live:

Garrett Morris introducing "LORD AND LADY DOUCHE BAG"

Second thing I thought of was South Park:

School mascot voting - Douche bag or turd sandwich
lol.png

love the first one, beautiful. I love them because they come in so many colors and the roos are usually very gorgeous. Mine are white and grey but some more white or grey than the others.

I wouldn't call them blue wheaten, here is a picture of one of my blue wheaten Ameraucana hens, with a wheaten hen in the background:

With EE, they are rarely going to match to any specific color, that is the very joy of them.

Back
Top Bottom