color question

mhwc56

Songster
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
my house in maryland
i was just wondering what the outcome would be from breeding Rosetta or Tibetan with Manchurian....?
hu.gif

If you mate British Range (BR) with M Gold you get one set of possibles depending on if MG is split for extended brown and if 1 or 2 copies.
...Rosetta with MG it gets more wild as you can get Pharoah.

But with BR X MG plan on getting 50 % MG and 50% Rosetts
unless split for extended brown then plan on getting 25-50% BR and/or 25-50% Rosetta and 50% MG.

And with Rosetta X MG plan on getting 50% MG and 25% Rosetta and 25% Pharoah (Browns) unless extended then see above.

If I understand it right.

edited to add: In other words MG is dominant over everything. The only way to dilute it is with one of the whites, I can't think what type it is.

Last edited:
Well, I'm new to the various colors other than browns and whites. (I'm not a geneticist) , , but I'm fairly certain that if you cross a Manchurian/gold with anything, you will get some amounts of simple browns. I could be wrong there, but I have a lot of browns for a simple Gold on white, and gold on gold hatch. I actually understand the whites thing.

If there are two incomplete dominant colors intermingled with each other you can get a little of the British Range markings on the Manchurian or vice versa. The British Range does have some gold quilling/lacing as is so probably a Manchurian would make it more into a Golden Range (which also exists, just has more gold feathers)

so when an incomplete dominant(I.D) is bred with another I.D. then they will show something of each . Will ALL of the offspring be like that or will you end up with some that look 100% M.G and some 100% B.R. or will you get some "wild type" and /or white which is in the background as well ?

Quote:
i was saying white b/c i have M.G. matched up with E.W. and wondered what would come of those resulting birds being matched with BR.

if you bred MG to BR and got birds that had markings of both what would happen if you bred the MG/BR X with E.W.? I understand that X of the BR to white gets Tuxedoes ..that's right isn't it? Would the MG?BR X EW result in any Tux?

Quote:
i was saying white b/c i have M.G. matched up with E.W. and wondered what would come of those resulting birds being matched with BR.

if you bred MG to BR and got birds that had markings of both what would happen if you bred the MG/BR X with E.W.? I understand that X of the BR to white gets Tuxedoes ..that's right isn't it? Would the MG?BR X EW result in any Tux?

It can take many tries to get the tux markings where you like it. The white can appear anywhere in the first generation and then you breed that generation on
smile.png
It's a long process but so worth it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom