color question

i know it seems to get a bit bewildering doesn't it..?
hu.gif

and while we're at it ....LOL what is the difference between a "splash" pattern and a "pied" pattern?

Quote:
I don't know my friend, but my guess would be....the name
smile.png
Yes, it is bewildering
big_smile.png

Best I Can Tell Splash Is A Chicken Term And Pied Is A Gamebird Term??? I Can You This Tho.... No Matter The Color Or Patern,or The Size Range--- They All Taste The Same.

Extended Brown - I have no clue. But I think:

Brown think Jumbo Brown. Think mating JB with MGold. You get JB and MG. Now mate these JB's with MG and you will get some Browns, and more MG with the brown extended into the Gold coloring. The golds will pick up some of the brown coloring. I can't explain it any better than that. Look back at my MG they have a very defined patterning in various gold and brown coloring, the brown is extended into the gold coloring.

My Jumbo Browns carry the extended brown and the recessive brown and the recessive white. I know this because I have the darker defined patterning on the MG and I get English Whites from time to time from MG x JB matings. The English Whites have the brown not the gold color pattern. The only time I get lighter MG is when I mate them with Whites. Then the body coloring is the same, but the head coloring is lighter on the males (like daddy). Now that, I have no clue as to the reason. Would have to further breed and note off spring. Maybe at a later date.

JJMR I think you are totally wrong. By the time we figure all this out, many, many, many,... generations of quail will have passed over your lips.
lol.png
Giving you time to experiment with new recipes, which we want.
tongue.png

Extended Brown is just the name of the color gene in the pharaoh and the Jumbo Brown.

The Shortcut/code is E

This is incompletely dominant over the normal type. The Birds are uniformly brown above and below.

Back
Top Bottom